One of the potential ways to grow exposure to Atlantic City is through the expansion of the local airport located just a short distance from the Beaches, Boardwalk and Casinos.
The grand opening of a brand new expansion project will take place early next week and is the beginning of a bright future for the ACY International Airport. Their are several aspects that will contribute to more passengers choosing ACY and visiting all that the Jersey Shore has to offer. Take a look at the changes in place or underway now.
- One of the most important factors is the addition the Federal Inspection for Foreign International Travelers that includes US Customs and Border protection and will allow for the processing of more than 100 passengers per hour. This may open up more Caribbean and international options for inbound travel.
- The project is expected to cost $25 Million dollars and will include over 75,000 square feet of expended space and services.
- There will 3 new passenger gates bringing the overall number to ten.
- Expanded baggage claim area to process more inbound flights with relative ease.
- Large expanded tarmac ramp and additional aircraft parking space to handle several more flights at a time.
- The next important phase of the project will be to fill the more than 3,000 square feet in the terminal designated for retail stores, a new restaurant and brand name airport bar experience. These new options enhance the in terminal experience for all passengers.
The bottom line is that with the expanded space and services new carriers can be pursued in an effort to grow last years 1.4 million travelers that took advantage of the Atlantic City area airport. The international aspect alone is intriguing and offering a regulated customs experience is sure to help grow foreign visitors. Atlantic City hotels near the airport are excited about the possible increase in traffic.
Keep your fingers crossed and hope these new measures will assist in significant growth in visitors for 2013 and beyond.
Take a look at this YouTube video discussing the expansion project.
- Atlantic City Airport Hotels Guide
- Golden Nugget Coming to Atlantic City
- New Atlantic City Casino Bill Passed by Senate
- Artlantic: Wonder Exhibit – Atlantic City’s Newest Attraction
- Strom Update! Atlantic City Not Damaged as Bad as News Reports
Atlantic City Guy
Latest posts by Atlantic City Guy (see all)
- 2014 Atlantic City Airshow Guide - August 12, 2014
- Family Magic and Comedy Show in Atlantic City – Rated #1 for Kids and Teenagers - May 14, 2014
- Guide to Miss America Week in Atlantic City with TV Schedule - May 9, 2014