Atlantic City World Amateur Open
Tournament Dates: June 6 – 9, 2011
Qualifying Courses: 8 Atlantic City area courses
Championship Playoff: Seaview Resort on June 9, 2011
Awards Ceremony: Seaview Resort following Championship
Cocktail Party Schedule:
- June 5, 2011 Opening Night Receptrion – Borgata Casino Atlantic City
- June 6, 2011 Party #2 – Pool at Harrah’s After Dark
- June 7, 2011 Party #3 – Resorts Casino Atlantic City
June 6 – 9, 2011 >> Atlantic City World Amateur Open <<
The tournament will follow a format similar to the Golf.com World Amateur Handicap Championship, which is annually held the week prior to Labor Day in Myrtle Beach, S.C. That tournament last September, drew more than 3,000 golfers from 48 states and 18 countries worldwide.
Competitors in the Atlantic City World Amateur Open will be divided into six age groups ranging from 49 and under to 70 and older. The women’s division of the tourney will feature 49 and-under and 50 and-older divisions. Players will be assigned to flights within their age group based on their established USGA Slope Handicap.
“We wanted to do something similar to the Myrtle Beach tournament in this area,” Atlantic City tournament planning committee member Rodger Gottlieb said Tuesday in a phone interview. “We thought of it as a way to economically benefit the golf courses, casinos and restaurants in the region.”
Each player is guaranteed three rounds at various courses. Each flight winner will advance to a championship playoff on June 9, 2011 at Seaview resort. Blue Heron Pines, the Links at Brigantine Beach, Harbor Pines, Mays Landing, Sand Barrens, Shore Gate and Twisted Dune – will also be used for the first three rounds.
The $450 entry fee also will include a kick-off party at Borgata Casino Hotel and Spa on June 5, 2011 plus additional cocktail receptions at The Pool at Harrah’s on June 6 and Resorts Casino Hotel on June 7. The awards ceremony following the championship round on June 9 will be held at Seaview.
Special Atlantic City Hotel Rates are available for players by calling 1-888-392-8288.
- Borgata Winter Poker Open – January 19 – February 4, 2011
- Atlantic City Fall Golf Packages
- Revel Beach Ball 2012 – Introduction to Revel Beach Party
- Revel Casino Atlantic City Progress Report
- Top 10 Places to Watch The Super Bowl in Atlantic City
Atlantic City Guy
+JJ Jackson I have lived and worked in Atlantic City my entire life. Currently a business owner in the heart of the tourism district, I enjoy writing about all kinds of events, history and things to do in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
Latest posts by Atlantic City Guy (see all)
- Secret Atlantic City Baywalk Has Amazing Sunsets and More to Come - May 8, 2013
- Margaritaville and Land Shark Grill Coming to Atlantic City - April 30, 2013
- Top 5 Places to Watch the Sunset in Atlantic City - April 1, 2013