Atlantic City, NJ Airshow at the Jersey Shore!
The 2014 “Annual” Atlantic City Airshow is one of those summer events, you don’t want to miss.
What: Atlantic City Airshow – Thunder Over The Boardwalk
When: Wednesday August, 13, 2014
Where: All beaches and boardwalk, center being Florida Ave.
Time: Begins at 10:00am – Last Pass bweeen 3:00 PM and 4:00 PM
In this post, you will find tips on where to park, where to watch as well as AC Airshow Hotel Discounts, have fun and enjoy the 2nd largest Air Show in the United States of America.
Parking Tips For This Event – You probably already know that Atlantic City is a drive in city, this is good news for you as there are enough parking spaces to support over 250,000 automobiles and buses. Please remember there 3 ways to enter, the AC Expressway, Route 40 Black Horse Pike and Route 30 White Horse Pike. Also don’t forget there is a train that will bring right into the center of the action to the terminal at the Convention Center.
- If you arrive early enough, say before 9am, you can target the NJTA surface lots just off the expressway across from the Tanger Outlets and near Boardwalk Hall just off Atlantic Ave.
- If you think you’re early enough, you can go after the prime parking at Caesars, Trump Plaza, Underground at Boardwalk Hall.
- Note – you can park at the old Surf Stadium and Bader Field on Albany Ave, Black Horse Pike and ride the Jitney into the boardwalk, this is a great option.
- Otherwise target public garages and casino parking away from the center of town. This includes Revel Casino, Taj Mahal, Showboat, Resorts, New York Ave Garage, Bally’s, Atlantic Club and Tropicana.
- If you want to avoid the pressure of parking all together, choose to park at Borgata, Harrah’s or Golden Nugget and take the jitney bus to the boardwalk.
Atlantic City Airshow Viewing Ideas and Tips
If you’re like me, you may ask “Where is the Best Place to Watch the Airshow”? It’s not a simple answer however. The Atlantic City Airshow covers the entire beach from the Atlantic Club Casino to Revel Resorts Casino with the center being Florida ave near Boardwalk Hall.
- Grabbing a space at the beach and spreading out is really comfortable, this is our number one spot, enjoy the beach and the thrills!
- All casino and hotel pool decks and outdoor spaces. If you’re staying overnight, odds are your hotel has a dedicated viewing section.
- You can pay for VIP Seating at Bellevue Ave in the center of the action for $30 – $50 per person includes a meal ticket or all you can eat & drink presented by Flight Line Club Call 609-813-2121 for details.
- One cool spot if you can grab a space, is the 1st and 2nd floor rear deck of the Pier At Caesars. Access to all types of food and beverages.
- Beach Bars – rest assured two prime spots are the Bally’s Sammy Hagar’s Beach Bar and Resorts Land Shark Grill, both are highly recommended.
- One popular place for visitors and spectators is the top floor of any casino parking garage, the thunder from the planes fill like it’s just over your head.
Atlantic City Airshow Hotel & Casino Deals
The www.achotelexperts.com are offering a 10% Discount for All Atlantic City Airshow guests. Simply research rates and hotel availability and call us Toll Free to SAVE10% Instantly at 1-888-392-8288. Rooms at non casino hotels start at $79 per night and Casino rates begin around $129 per night. Book early to get the best rates, ask about the vacation packages that may be available during this time.
Schedule of Flights
Wednesday August 13 - Flight Guide (Updates TBA)
The Thunderbirds and US Army Golden Knights Parachute Team will return this year, update schedule TBA, this is last years.
- Noon National Anthem w / Flyover by 4-Ace (Chapman, Holland, Stein, and Knutson)
- 12:03 4-Ace Aerobatics
- 12:15 Jim Beasley Jr. Spitfire Demo
- 12:25 Warrior Aviation L-39 Solo
- 12:32 Warrior Aviation YAK-9 Solo
- 12:38 Warrior Aviation Formation Flights
- 12:45 Raiders Solo YAK-52 Demo
- 12:55 PPG Dan McClung Pitts Aerobatics
- 1:10 Firebirds Aerobatic Team
- 1:25 Matt Chapman CAP580 Aerobatics
- 1:38 Jim Beasley Jr. P-51 Demo
- 1:50 USAF Heritage Flight (from USAF Heritage Foundation – PENDING)
- 2:00 Raiders Aerobatic Team
- 2:20 Bill Stein Extra 330 Aerobatics
- 2:32 (special flight TBA)
- 2:45 Rob Holland MX-2 Aerobatics (World Unlimited Aerobatic Champion)
- 3:00 Geico Skytypers
- 3:30 Airshow Ends
- Schedule subject to change contingent upon weather, aircraft availability and maintenance.
- Dean Randazzo Surf Camp – New Jersey ave, Atlantic City
- Best Summer of 2013 Atlantic City Hotel Rates
- Atlantic City World Amateur Open – June 6 to 9 2011
- Fun Atlantic City Boardwalk Attractions
- New Years Eve in Atlantic City – What’s Happening?
Atlantic City Guy
Latest posts by Atlantic City Guy (see all)
- 2014 Atlantic City Airshow Guide - March 14, 2014
- Family Magic and Comedy Show in Atlantic City – Rated #1 for Kids and Teenagers - March 14, 2014
- Atlantic City Family Vacations – Tips and Ideas - March 13, 2014